sweet5

“in thy face i see honor, truth & loyalty”

sweet

“now join your hands & with your hands your hearts”

engaging

“love goes towards love”

engaging4

“my bounty is as deep as the sea,
my love as deep; the more I give to thee,
the more I have, for both are infinite.”

sweet3

“my heart is ever at your service”

sweet4

“it is not in the stars to hold our destiny but in ourselves”

engaging3

“a woman would run through fire & water for such a kind heart”

sweet2

“love sought is good, but given unsought, is better”

engaging2

“when i saw you i fell in love, & you smiled because you knew”

engaging5

“no sooner met but they looked;
no sooner looked but they loved;
no sooner loved but they sighed;
no sooner signed but they
asked one another the reason;
no sooner knew the reason
but they sought the remedy;
& in these degrees have they made
a pair of stairs to marriage…”

WILLIAM SHAKESPEARE

1. Mar 25-2010 , 03:12AM
    This set is amazing! I especially adore the photos of the couple sitting on the grass/leaves. It looks straight out of a fairytale!
  2. Mar 25-2010 , 09:50AM
    most beautiful - as always! just can't take my eyes away from your photos!
  3. Mar 25-2010 , 10:39AM
    It's the anniversary of our first date today and these photos along with the pairing of William Shakespeare's sonnet just made me swoon. Absolutely gorgeous!
  4. Mar 25-2010 , 11:00AM
    O' how I swoon at the delightful visions that whisper love.
  5. Terry:
    Mar 25-2010 , 11:45AM
    Hamlet, seriously? Nothing says love like, "I hope you die so I can marry your brother." Has anyone involved in these photos actually read Hamlet? Much Ado About Nothing, Midsummer Night's Dream, Twelfth Night, or basically any comedy would have all been better better choices. Although all of Shakespeare's depictions of love are probably more problematic than one would like for this kind of thing.

Notwithstanding that, the photos are gorgeous, as usual. The color is so delicate in the last four photos, I love it.
  6. Mar 25-2010 , 04:37PM
    I feel like im daydreaming. Your words accompanied by your pictures takes me to a dreamy world.
  7. Mar 25-2010 , 04:38PM
    Amazing!!!
  8. Mar 25-2010 , 06:07PM
    I love the hat...any idea where to get one???
  9. Mar 25-2010 , 06:10PM
    Great pictures.... very inspiring !
  10. Mar 26-2010 , 02:45PM
    [...] Tape…via Hostess With the Mostess “My heart is ever at your service,” A sweet Shakespearean love shoot … via Kiss the Groom I wouldn’t mind being  Mrs. Key Lime …via Mrs. [...]
  11. Mar 26-2010 , 04:17PM
    such beautiful work. you are AMAZINGLY gifted elizabeth and I'm so grateful you take the time to share you work - so so talented. thanks for being so inspiring!
  12. CN:
    Mar 26-2010 , 06:26PM
    Oh man...I want my engagement photos to look JUST like these! Especially the smooch ones!
  13. Mar 27-2010 , 01:51AM
    These images could not be more fantastic! I'm constantly amazed at the beauty you find! Thanks for sharing! Truly inspirational!
  14. luciana guimarães:
    Mar 27-2010 , 03:47AM
    So deeply sweet elizabeth, as always... so inspiring!
  15. Mar 27-2010 , 06:59AM
    Love the look and feel of these photos...what beautiful poetry...
  16. Mar 27-2010 , 09:49AM
    The hat, the book and the kiss – gorgeous details you capture in a way that take my breath away.
  17. Mar 28-2010 , 12:26AM
    This is the most darling photo shoot. I love what both are wearing. Looks straight out of a fairy tale. Beautiful... xx
  18. Mar 28-2010 , 02:44AM
    Love the colours - great photography.

Cheers

Mark.
  19. rachel schindler:
    Mar 28-2010 , 07:13AM
    I totally agree with jenna walker. You pick the most beautiful poems. Its sad that the terri above jenna, just doesn't get love....
  20. Mar 29-2010 , 10:20AM
    so lovely :)
  21. Corinne:
    Mar 29-2010 , 06:21PM
    I love this post. We are getting married in our botanical gardens, which is where we often watch Shakespeare plays, so we will be using shakespeare quotes and sonnets throughout the wedding. I had chosed some that you have used, but love the others too. Thanks

@ Rachel. Have you read Hamlet either? I think Terry is spot on. Here is a brief description off wiki

"The play vividly charts the course of real and feigned madness—from overwhelming grief to seething rage—and explores themes of treachery, revenge, incest, and moral corruption."

Not exactly a love story!
  22. Mar 29-2010 , 06:36PM
    hello all....thanks for all of your comments....i felt compelled to write & clarify the importance of shakespeare & hamlet to the couple....they fell in love while studying shakespeare in london....and he would read aloud to her...in fact he actually played hamlet & is quite talented...so although hamlet is indeed not a love story, its part of their love story...a very sweet love story indeed...xoxo...elizabeth
  23. Mar 29-2010 , 08:08PM
    hello all….thanks for all of your comments….i felt compelled to write & clarify the importance of shakespeare & hamlet to the couple….they fell in love while studying shakespeare in london….and he would read aloud to her…in fact he actually played hamlet & is quite talented…so although hamlet is indeed not a love story, its part of their love story…a very sweet love story indeed…xoxo…elizabeth
  24. Stephanie:
    Apr 05-2010 , 04:50PM
    Plus, the quotes aren't all from Hamlet. I see a couple from Midsummer Night's Dream and Much Ado... I think. (It's been awhile since I read those.)
  25. Apr 09-2010 , 12:58AM
    What a wonderful story - falling in love while studying Shakespeare...in London no less. The photos are stunning as always! You capture the moments so perfectly. Romance at it's best. And I just have to say...love her hair color!!!!
  26. Apr 16-2010 , 07:53PM
    This whole post takes my breath away! So romantic and intimate! I adore it!