several years ago i lost my home in a fire

after-the-fire

life is full of so many twists & turns….some days its hard to be grateful…between the errands, dirty clothes, our children that need help with homework…i am thankful i lost my home & all that was in it…because it opened my heart…the loss lead to so much……loss is hard to put into words…as i ran through the hallway engulfed in flames, it never crossed my mind that i wouldn’t return to my home….and as it disintegrated before my eyes into soot & flames, i did not imagine that i would be grateful for the experience….but i am, eternally grateful…for the things i gained after the fire are worth more than any possession i lost….who you are & your worth comes from within….love & hope are always accessible if you look deep  into your heart….so i say bring on the twists & turns of life…xoxo

“life is what happens to you, while you are busy making other plans
John Lennon

1. Nov 27-2009 , 01:14PM
    never cease to amaze me. Happy Thanksgiving! xo -Myra
  2. Nov 27-2009 , 02:49PM
    Thank you for sharing this story- so sorry for your loss, but you're right, we really have so much to be thankful for!
  3. Nov 29-2009 , 01:19AM
    thank you for sharing. i am sorry for your loss but happy for your gained wisdom! we were robbed shortly after we were married and it was an odd experience. it made me think about what is truly important. i cant say i care too much about all those posessions that were stolen...BUT i will always, always hate the fact that they stole my wedding ring. :( the ring my husband proposed with and put on my finger on our wedding day...just gone! that, i will always miss.
  4. Nov 30-2009 , 08:44AM
    thank you for sharing that..i am so grateful to you and the clarity you bring to subjects of life, love, sharing and family. I am so eternally thankful for all the many treasures of the life including its twists, turns and hardships. xoxo
  5. Dec 08-2009 , 01:09PM
    Beautiful words and exactly how I'm feeling today. I think I found your post for a reason...
    Much Love, Krysta
  6. Dec 23-2009 , 04:46PM
    This gave me the chills! I'm so sorry to hear about your loss, but it sounds like you gained a lot from the experience. Sometimes it takes a horrific event to change our perspective on things. Your blog is beautiful. Happy Holidays. xo Erin- This Lovely City.
  7. Feb 23-2010 , 08:24AM
    So beautiful. Inspired my day. Thank you.
  8. Jun 06-2011 , 06:11PM
    personal loss brings a lot of pain. but the empathy you feel for others after going through it, truly opens your eyes to their beauty... thanks for sharing this post. may blessings fill your life...