unexpected

TEN LITTLE TRUTHS ABOUT PREGNANCY

1. nine months feels like the blink of an eye and forever all at the same time…. 2. no matter how uncomfortable you feel with your body, you’ll miss being pregnant later….. 3. feeling your baby kick for the first time is similar to your first kiss, all butterflies and smiles…. 4. pillows are sent from heaven & can help you get a few comfortable moments in bed every night…. 5. a glass of wine every now & then is really okay…. 6. nap whenever the feeling comes over you, when your little ones arrives you can only rest when they do…. 7. rub oils & lotions on your beautiful belly all the time, even if it cannot prevent stretch marks, it sure feels nice…. 8. chocolate is a critically important food group…. 9. appreciate your breasts, nursing will change them forever….10. pregnancy is as sexy as you want it to be, so wear your little lacy night gown & love every little bit of your amble curves…..

1. Jul 30-2009 , 07:26AM
    so true so true.....and what a beautiful photo that really says it all.
  2. Jul 30-2009 , 07:32AM
    WOW!!!!!!! I absolutely LOOOOOVE THIS!!!!!! the image is stunning, but your "ten little truths about pregnancy" are priceless....................... some news for you....IM PREGNANT with my third child!!!!!! it sounds so crazy as I was asking you for advice and managing family at the Lovely Workshop... Im going to have 3 children under the age of 4!!!! and still shooting... cant give that one up!!!!! THANKS for the beautiful post.... I will read it over and over and over again... my favorite is #2... so true...
  3. Christine:
    Jul 30-2009 , 08:20AM
    These things are absolutely true and I love the nice wording for not so beautiful things :-)
    And the photo is amazing...
  4. Jul 30-2009 , 10:25AM
    This is making me so excited for what is to shortly come. I just found out I'm pregnant a few days ago. This is baby number two. It's still just a thought, a secret that I am keeping for myself and a few close ones. I love the first couple of months you know your pregnant, there are not too many real signs yet. I am anticipating and anxiously waiting for the first doctors appointment, the first sound of his (it just feels like a boy) heartbeat, the first kicks, bringing new life into this world, and finally meeting my baby. It's all just a concept, a dream right now. Thanks for the great post.
  5. Jul 30-2009 , 04:24PM
    There are so many beautiful images on so many blogs but there are certain people who are "connected" and you are one. Gorgeous!
  6. Jul 30-2009 , 05:42PM
    oh boy isn't that the truth... you are so right on ... i'd add on truth #11 ... just when you feel like your belly can't get any bigger it does. i do miss my belly bump very much... my husband says he misses it more though. he loved the belly and would talk to it often. {katrina}
  7. Aug 04-2009 , 05:05PM
    i'm loving the naps right now... i got really sleepy in the beginning but i still like to get one in when i can. thanks for the list.
  8. Aug 07-2009 , 02:46AM
    I think this piece is wonderful and I would be honerd, to share this on my blog.

Sometimes, we forget that you can be sexy and pregency at the same time.

This was a wonderful piece.
  9. Aug 22-2009 , 03:23PM
    i keep coming back to this post just remind myself what a miracle pregnancy is. I've had a very ruff pregnancy and through it all my hubby has constantly told me I'm the sexiest woman alive and he has kept my spirits up. I can't wait to meet our bundle in October. Thanks so much for this post and the encouragement. It's nice to see other women photographers out there embracing the sweetness of prenancy and telling others. :)

much love,
    Liv
  10. Nov 07-2010 , 03:05PM
    love your perspective on these things:)